Quality Coatings of Virginia is looking to obtain experienced candidates.
We are pleased to accept resumes for 1st Class Painters.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience.
- Apply coatings in accordance with specification, good painting practice and standard Navsea Item 009-32
- Prepare all types of surfaces for preservation.
- Operate 3000-5000 PSI pressure washer.
- Operate 40,000 PSI ultra high-pressure water jetting equipment.
- Comply with Neshap Requirements
- Mix solvent and coatings accurately to formula.
- Set up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot plural component pumps.
- Proficient at spraying with plural component paint pumps.
- Supervise and train when applicable, supervise assigned crew.
- Ability to accomplish all duties and responsibilities of a 2nd class spray painter.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of marine painting/blasting interior and exterior surfaces.
- Have a C12 or C14 plural component certification.
- Experience in power tooling, coatings mixing and application, blasting, brush roll painting.
- Practical knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32.
- Must be able to gain access to shipyards and military installations.
- Must pass a drug test and background check.
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Quality Coatings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.