Quality Coatings of Virginia is looking to obtain experienced QA Inspector’s..
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience..
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections
- Create, modify, and maintain Quality Assurance procedures
- Interpret engineering drawings and follow written audit guidelines
- Analyzes documentation, such as drawings, military specifications and standards, Quality Verification Plan (QVP), Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP), Procurement Inspection Plans (PIP), , to determine the level of inspection and the best method of inspection and tooling required to perform the inspection.
- Inspects machined parts for defects associated with grinding and machining; such as heat stress cracking and tearing
- Performs visual examinations
- Should be the example of what a safe employee does and looks like during all day to day activities
- Enter confined spaces when necessary to complete inspections
- Position requires frequent bending, squatting, standing, walking, climbing,
- Required to perform the duties of a discipline lead, and/or interface with other disciplines in accordance with departmental procedures and standards
- Generate reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notify production, Superintendents and Quality Assurance/Quality Control management of significant problems, completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities
- Responsible for completing necessary paperwork and documentation in accordance with work instructions or procedures in a neat and organized manner
- Performs pre-inspections of completed work
- Attends, Witness and Verifies Tests and Inspections
- Witnessing tests and in-process inspections
- Understand and act upon instruction
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong experience performing detailed dimensional inspections
- Must have a strong ability to work with Government Specs. Knowledge of thermal stress relief and shot peening a plus
- Should have knowledge of NAVSEA, QA, & OSHA Standards (29 CFR 1910 (Occupational Safety and Health Standards) & 1915 (Personal Protective Equipment for Shipyard Employment))
- Prefer minimum of 5 years’ experience of field Quality Assurance/Control experience regarding inspection of marine propulsion shafting
- Prefer minimum of 5 years of experience as a machinist (outside or inside) preferably as a supervisor with technical or vocational training
- Valid driver’s license and a good DMV driving record.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Quality Coatings is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.